Special Notice for Church Windows Web (RD Web) Users who use Church Windows Payroll
Microsoft Windows 10 Update has “broken” the Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
On 06/05/2018, Microsoft issued an update that likely installed automatically to many computers. This update affected a method that Church Windows VOS RDWeb churches communicate with their data, specifically in the Payroll portion of the program.
- Uninstall the most recent Windows 10 Update (Realize that your computer will consistently prompt to again reinstall it, which you’ll need to ignore.)
- Call VOS at 877-2TRYVOS (877-287-9867) and request that they switch your church to Citrix Receiver instead of RDWeb
- Wait for Microsoft to issue a fix patch, which could be an indefinite timeline.
What do we recommend?
In order to get Payroll up and running the quickest, we suggest the second option above. Call VOS and request that they switch your church to Citrix.
We apologize for the inconvenience and assure you that resolving this issue is out of our control
Should you have questions, you may definitely call us at 800.533.5227.
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!
Church Windows Web:
A Great Choice For The New Millennium!
CHURCH WINDOWS WEB SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Supported Internet Bandwidth Requirements
- A broadband connection of 2.0 Mbps or higher. Go to WWW.SPEEDTEST.NET to test your bandwidth speed (varies based on number of users)
- Sharing bandwidth with phone systems is not recommended with a 2.0 MBPS connection
Supported PC Software Requirements
- Windows Vista SP-2 or higher or MAC OSX 10.8 or higher
- Internet Explorer 7 or higher, Mozilla Firefox 10 or higher
- If you have any antivirus or software firewalls installed you may need to disable them or allow exceptions for the VOS clients to work properly
- Power settings need to be set to “never sleep” for computer hard drives & network cards
- Requires free Citrix Receiver software installation
Supported PC Hardware Requirements
- Pentium 4, 2.0 GHZ or higher Processor or AMD 2.0 GHZ or higher Processor
- 500 MB or higher of available RAM & minimum 20 GIG of free hard drive space
Supported PC Printer Requirements (if you will be printing from Church Windows Web)
- Network or USB printers are recommended but not required
- Printers must be online and functioning (offline or unavailable printers should be removed)
- Printer names cannot exceed 12 characters in length (including spaces)